Get the Best Insurance Plan for You & Pay Nothing Extra
Deciding on health insurance for you and your family can be a difficult decision. Especially for seniors or people on disability, it can be very difficult to navigate the ins and outs of the Medicare system, as well as understanding all your options (Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement Plans, Prescription Drug Plans, etc.).
The good news is you don’t have to figure it out by yourself. You can get professional, expert help. And it won’t cost you a cent!
Why You Should Talk to a Licensed Insurance Agent
- It’s FREE! Agents make money through commissions that are already built into the cost of every health insurance plan, so a plan never costs more just because you choose to buy with an agent. Some government exchange sites offer you a “navigator” to help you through the process, but they only can help you with the policies available on their sites, and they don’t have to be licensed, or in many cases, go through a criminal background check. They also are not allowed to make personalized recommendations. If you are going to take advantage of free assistance, go with the experts.
- They can simplify the complex. If you’ve ever read a health insurance policy, you know they can be very confusing. Even understanding eligibility requirements or enrollment periods can be difficult, let alone the benefits, exceptions, rules and processes. Licensed health insurance agents have been specially trained on health insurance — and they understand how the various policies work, as well as which ones offer the benefits you value most. And they can explain it in ways that you’ll be able to easily understand.
- They are there for you whenever you need them. If an insurance agent helps you buy a plan, that’s not the end of your relationship. It’s just the beginning. If you have any questions about your policy in the future, your agent can get you answers. If you ever need to change insurance, update your coverage or experience a big life event, your agent is there for you. They can also serve as your advocate with the insurance company if you have questions about benefits or about a claim.
- They can make expert recommendations based on your needs. Only licensed insurance agents can legally recommend specific plans for you based on your personal needs and budget. Their experience, training and knowledge of different kinds of health insurance can help match you with the plan that will give you the benefits that you need at the cost you can afford.
- They can help find additional ways to save you money. A licensed insurance agent may be able to recommend and help you take advantage of health insurance subsidies or other savings programs that may be able to significantly lower your premium or out-of-pocket costs.
- They’ve passed the tests. Licensed insurance agents must go through rigorous training in their state to understand their insurance laws and policies and to be able to effectively advise consumers. Also, most reputable insurance agencies require their agents to pass a criminal background test. It’s vital that you find a licensed insurance agent that you trust and feel comfortable with.
Once you’ve decided to consult with a licensed insurance agent about your health insurance options, check out this helpful article offering ways to plan for your consultation and questions to ask your agent.
Don’t put yourself through the hassle and worry of researching and learning all about our complex healthcare insurance system on your own. Talk to a licensed insurance agent for free and get personalized advice so you can find a plan that will keep you healthy and happy for years to come.