How do I find the best Medicare Advantage plan?
Depending on how many times you visit your doctor or which (if any) prescription drugs you take, the right plan will look different for every person. Medicare Concierge can connect you with unbiased, licensed insurance agent who will give you free Medicare advice to help find the best plan to fit your needs or you can give one a call at (888) 755-6565.
How to prepare for a call
When speaking to a licensed insurance agent, there are a few questions you should be prepared to answer to ensure that you are getting the right plan:
- Which doctor do you currently see?
- Is your doctor currently in your network? (If applicable)
- Do you travel between states several times a year?
- Do you need prescription drugs?
- Do you visit the doctor more than 4 times a year?
If possible, have any medical cards or prescriptions nearby so that a licensed insurance agent can make sure to include all of your needs. If you do not take prescription drugs, a basic Medicare Advantage plan may be the right option for you.
Take the confusion out of choosing a Medicare Advantage plan
There are several ways to choose a Medicare Advantage plan. From Medicare.gov to speaking with a licensed insurance agent, there are many ways to gather information. Although it is important to read about and compare different plans, it can often be confusing to know which plan fits your needs.
Be specific about what you want in a plan. Based on your answers from the questions above, you should be able to identify which Medicare plan you need. A much faster process is talking with a licensed insurance agent who can walk you through different plans and help you determine which plan is the right fit for you. This is all free and you are never under any obligation to sign up if you speak with a licensed insurance agent.
How popular is MA
Approximately 22 million individuals are on Medicare Advantage plans (about 1/3 of all Medicare beneficiaries). Many seniors choose Medicare Advantage because of the simplicity associated with the plan type. Medicare Advantage is a one-stop-shop for health care plans that covers almost every facet of your health needs to make healthcare easier for you.
Medicare Advantage plans are designed to create a hassle-free environment to get the coverage you need without worrying about multiple plans. Medicare Concierge is a resource to help make that decision easy by taking you through a series of questions to find exactly what you need and then, if you want, connect you with a licensed insurance agent to answer any questions you have without pressuring you to sign up on a plan.
What are the Pros and Cons?
There are several pros and cons to Medicare Advantage plans that are important to consider before choosing a plan.
- Plans usually include additional benefits such as hearing, dental, and vision as well as prescription drug coverage.
- All Medicare Advantage plans must cover everything that is covered in Original Medicare.
- Medicare Advantage plans may cost less than Original Medicare and you get more coverage.
- Medicare Advantage plans have an out of pocket cost limit so you won’t risk high medical debt (there is no out of pocket limit with Original Medicare).
- Medicare Advantage plans may limit your choice of doctors, specialists, or other health care providers.
- Some Medicare Advantage plans require a referral from a doctor or specialist before you can get a procedure approved.
What is a Medicare Advantage Plan star rating?
Medicare’s Star Rating system evaluates the quality of Medicare health plans — Medicare Advantage plans and Prescription Drug plans. Ratings are reviewed annually by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). CMS is the federal agency that administers the Medicare program. They rate health plans on a scale of 1 to 5 stars, with five stars representing the highest quality. Information is pulled from member satisfaction surveys, health plans, and health care providers. This combined data gives an overall Star Rating of a plan’s quality and performance. Every Medicare plan has its own Star Rating.